OAK BARREL RETAIL ASSISTANT REQUIRED
The Oak Barrel is growing and we’re seeking another team member at this exciting time of our business to work across our wine, spirits and beer selection!
The role includes many typical duties of a bottle shop (serving customers, merchandising) and we think the right person will enjoy getting to know and working alongside our extensive selection of local, small batch, boutique and very tasty products.
This is a full time position. We operate on a rotating roster; hours will include night shifts and some Saturdays (however, we’re closed on Sunday and most Public Holidays).
You will be providing these skills to the business (including but not limited to):
- Typical retail bottle shop duties including serving customers, stocking shelves, store upkeep etc.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- A sound knowledge of wines is essential; as well as knowledge of whisky, spirits and craft beer.
- An ability to grow with the business.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A passion for great and unique drinks.
RSA certificate required.
WSET Level 2 or higher is an advantage.
You will ideally have a minimum of 12 months experience in the industry, be reliable, diligent and have a professional and friendly manner.
Above all you must be a good all rounder and able to work independently within a small team.
Due to the nature of this position you need to have an excellent knowledge of English both written and oral.
Only applicants with permanent residency of Australia need apply.
If you feel you fit the requirements, please submit your resume by email only with Retail Assistant Application in the subject line to email@example.com.