- Sake Appreciation: Tasting This November!
- Sake Brewing: A Tasting With The Techniques
- Fresh Kegs and Wild Beers
- Springbank 2017 Limited Release Single Malts
- New Wines From Sigurd, Dormilona, and Xavier Goodridge!
- New Mikkeller and Final Sydney Beer Week Lineup
- Granite Belt Wines From Witches Falls
- Light ‘Em Up: A Smoky Whisky Tasting At The Oak Barrel
- New Releases from Two Metre Tall!
- Pre-Release Burgundy Wine Offer
- A Tasting With Yamazaki’s 18-Year-Old Mizunara Cask
- Massive Whisky And Spirits Sale
- Spring Sale
- New from Sweden: Brewski
- A Tequila (And Cheese!) Tasting Evening
- Sydney Beer Week Tasting Lineup at the Oak Barrel
- Rare and Special Whiskies From India's Amrut
- Jauma Masterclass With James Erskine
- Loire Valley Masterclass With Living Wines
- Stillwater Artisanal: DJ - turned - Gypsy Brewer
- A Night Of Japanese Whisky At The Oak Barrel
- Antique Lions Of Whisky: A Tasting For The Ages
- Go Red or Go Home
- Sake Appreciation: Intro To Sake Tasting
- Introducing Never Never: Aussie Gin With Juniper!
- New from New Zealand - Deep Creek Brewing Co. and Modus Operandi Masterclass Almost Sold Out!
- Illuminate 2: Champagne And Sparkling Wine Event
- Georgian Wine Masterclass
- Modus Operandi Masterclass, plus our Favourite Dark Beers
- New Releases from 3 Ravens
- Mac Forbes
- Modus Operandi Masterclass with Brewer
- Natural Wine Evening
- Wild Beers from Wild Beer Co.
- Wendouree 2015 Allocation
- Heartwood: Special Archive Release and Tasting!
- New Stuff from Evil Twin, plus Batch Masterclass lineup announced
- Exquisite New Whiskies From Adelphi
- Chilean Natural Wine Tasting
- Batch Masterclass and New Stuff from All Over!
- Burgundy Masterclass with Alexandre Rougeot
- Brouhaha Brewing from Queensland plus Upcoming Tastings
- Great Ben Nevis For A Great Whisky Cause
- By Farr 2017 Allocation
- Batch Masterclass with Brewers and Tank Samples!
- The Future Of Sullivans Cove Masterclass
- New Belgium and Hop Nation - Cans, Cans, Cans.
- Adelphi Whisky Masterclass With Alex Bruce
- Final Exhibitors for the Oak Barrel Wine Fair 2017
- Prairie Artisan Ales - USA
- Dormilona's Very Limited Clayface Release
- Nights In Paris: The Oak Barrel Owner On Tour
- Smoky Whisky Masterclass Through Islay With Port Askaig
- Danish Craft Beer Week
- Great Value Nero d'Avola from Sicily
- Introducing: Single Cask Scotch Whiskies From North Star
- BIG HEAVIES - Harviestoun Brewery Scotland
- Rediscovering Scotland's Historic Glen Garioch Distillery
- Glenfarclas Vintages Masterclass With Ian McWilliam
- Kereru Masterclass with Brewers Chris and Natasha
- Sydney Craft Beer and Cider Fair 2017 - Final Call
- Champagne Grower Night Masterclass
- Vintage Offer: Beechworth's Classic Golden Ball Winery
- Oak Barrel Cocktail Club: Make At Home With Aussie Tipple
- Tiny Rebel - Wales
- Greek Night with David Lamb
- Limeburners Winter Solstice: Peated Whisky Masterclass
- We've Got New Whisky Shelves!
- An Evening With Aussie Whisky Distiller David Baker
- Four Pillars Bloody Shiraz Gin Free Tasting!
- 5 Barrel - Aussie Brews
- Patrick Sullivan: Three New Natural Pinots
- May Whisky Arrivals: New Ones and Old Favourites
- Almanac Beer Company(USA)
- Craft Beer Appreciation Tasting: An Intro To The Good Stuff!
- Normandin Mercier Cognac Masterclass With Edouard Normandin
- New Zealand Wine Night With Two Great Producers
- Natural Italian Wine: An Introductory Masterclass
- Illawarra Brewing
- Manon Wine: A Rising Star From Adelaide
- Silver Seal Whisky Masterclass: 22 Years and Older!
- Signatory Vintage Whisky Masterclass With Laura Hay
- Good Intentions Natural Wine Masterclass With The Winemaker/Owner
- Lervig - Norway
- Sydney Craft Beer and Cider Fair 2017 - Exhibitor Update
- Yeastie Boys - NZ
- New Berry Bros Whiskies Fresh Off The Boat
- To Ol - Denmark
- Lucy Margaux 2017 Release
- Laphroaig Whisky Masterclass: The Age Statements (Second Date Announced!)
- Siren/Wild Beer/Omnipollo
- A Collection Of Smoky Whiskies
- Gelas Armagnac Masterclass With Baptiste Gelas
- Whisky As Table Wine? Meet ‘Whisky De Table’
- An Intimate Two Metre Tall Beer and Cider Masterclass
- French Wine Appreciation
- For The Love Of Irish Pot Still Whiskies
- Sydney Craft Beer and Cider Fair 2017
- World Wine Project At The Oak Barrel
- Intimate Winemaker Masterclass With Nav Singh Of Domaine Simha
- Kereru (NZ)
- New Hazelburn Barolo Wine Cask Whisky
- Real Wine From Canary Island
- De Molen and Kees (Dutch)
- New Whiskies For March
- Whisky Agency and Sansibar: Indie Bottlers Masterclass
- Vin Jaune Through The Decades Masterclass
- Japanese Masterclass With Grace Winemaker Ayana Misawa
- Get Sauce(d)
- Shobbrook New Wines: Cider range
- Blind Whisky Masterclass With Indian Legend Mr Paul John
- From Colorado to Scotland to the Counter
- Wolfburn: A Historic Scottish Distillery Reborn
- Argentinian Wine Masterclass
- Spanish Wine Masterclass: The Mediterranean Coast
- Aussie, Aussie, Aussie
- Bruichladdich, Octomore, Port Charlotte: 10YO Limited Editions
- Karuizawa Offering: Japan's Mythical Whisky
- Deschutes: New Collab and Brew Pub Series, plus Kaiju! tasting
- An Evening With Four Pillars Distiller Cam Mackenzie
- Preservative Free Wine from Harkham Hunter Valley
- New Kiwi Beer And Masterclasses!
- Sicilian Wine Masterclass: Ancient Vines
- Armorik French Whisky Masterclass: Aus Tour 2017!
- Finally: Kilkerran 12 Year Old Is Here
- NEW STUFF - Wild Beer from the UK
- Vinteloper Wine Masterclass: Giant Pinots and More
- NEW SOURS
- Kornog: Peated French Whisky
- Beaujolais Time with some of the best producers
- French Wine Appreciation+Free Tasting Sami Odi this Saturday
- NEW STUFF - The Bruery (USA)
- NEW STUFF - USA - 2017
- An Evening With Tasmanian Whisky Distiller Peter Bignell
- Stocking Stuffers and Christmas Drinking
- The Oak Barrel Picks
- Christmas Whisky Gifts For All Budgets
- Berry Brothers Whisky Masterclass
- NEW STUFF - Collective Arts - Canadia
- December Aussie Rum Releases
- Pet Nat Masterclass With Tim Wildman
- Gift ideas for Christmas + Pet Nat Masterclass
- Rose Time + New Release From Jauma
- NEW STUFF - To Ol
- Baker Williams: A New Favourite NSW Distillery
- NEW STUFF - Hope Brewhouse - Hunter Valley
- Well Aged Cognac and Armagnacs
- Introducing Ephemera Wine + New Patrick Sullivan Wines available now
- All I Want For Christmas Is Kilchoman Masterclass
- NEW STUFF - Tiny Rebel - Wales
- Cider Masterclass With Willie Smith's
- Introducing Chevre Wines For Summer
- Members Christmas Party 2016!
- NEW STUFF - Ale Smith(States)
- Yamazaki and Hakushu 18s Return, Let's Have A Masterclass!
- Last call for Illuminate Champagne And Sparkling Wine Event + Free Tasting The Other Right
- NEW STUFF - Barossa Vally Brewing
- Wine Appreciation Thursday 12th January
- A Selection Of Australian Whiskies
- NEW STUFF - Epic and 8 Wired(NZ)
- NEW STUFF - Lervig Brewery - Norway
- Bordeaux Masterclass
- Signatory Vintage October Whisky Delivery!
- Counter Craft Seven Free
- South American Wine Masterclass
- NEW STUFF - Stone - THE BIG BOYS
- French Wine Appreciation Thursday 20th October
- Rare and Elusive Whiskies (October Edition)
- NEW STUFF - Boatrocker -Aus
- Lucy Margaux New Release + Free Tasting in Store
- New Malbec in Store
- NEW STUFF - United States Of Trump
- Jura Masterclass With Young Gun Laura Seibel
- Gordon and MacPhail Whisky Masterclass
- Tuscany Wine Dinner
- My Favorite Danish Brewery - To Ol - Denmark
- NEW STUFF - From round the World
- New World Whiskies Masterclass
- No Rules Indie Whisky Masterclass Round 2
- One Of The World's Best Sherries:: Equipo Navazos
- NEW STUFF - Almanac Beer Co and Others (States)
- A Night Of Cocktails With Archie Rose's New Gin
- September Whisky Arrivals: Drams From The World
- Romanian Wine Masterclass
- Wendouree Wines Limited Release Offer
- Glenfarclas Masterclass: Stay Classy In Old Age
- NEW STUFF - New Belgium Brewing Co(States)
- New From Young-Guns Patrick Sullivan and Xavier
- NEW STUFF - Garage Project - Part VI
- Big Format Wine Selection
- Jura Wine Masterclass
- NEW STUFF - EPIC/8 WIRED/LIBERTY - NZ
- NEW STUFF - Nogne O - Norway - Part IV
- Bobar's Top Shelf Natural Wines
- Wine Of Kings: Italian Piemonte Wine Tasting
- NEW STUFF - Almanac Beer Co and 128 Blood Orange
- New Whiskies For August 2016
- NEW STUFF - Stoned Again(USA)
- Brave New Wines at The Oak Barrel
- New: Rest and Be Thankful Whiskies Arrive In Aus
- NEW STUFF - Dieu du Ciel - Canada
- New Whiskies and Spirits: July Edition
- Wine Appreciation - Thursday 18th August
- NEW STUFF - USA-USA-USA
- Adelphi: New Expressions and Museum Releases
- New Austrian Wines in Store
- NEW STUFF - Imperial Stouts
- Last Call For The Sydney Wine Fair
- Chartreuse Masterclass: A Liqueur Of History and Mystery
- Limited Releases From By Farr Wine
- NEW STUFF - FAIR
- Signatory Vintage Releases Land In Australia - Now In Store!
- Special Fair Pricing
- Bastille Day Wine and Cheese Tasting
- NEW STUFF - BrewDog - Scotland
- New In Store: Collectable Japanese Whiskies
- In Store Now: Rare Wines From France
- NEW STUFF - Bells and Unibroue
- Greek Wine Tasting
- Last Call - Sydney Craft Beer and Cider Fair 2016
- Overproof Aussie Spirits To Fight The Cold
- Introducing Main and Cherry Wines
- NEW STUFF - Evil Twin and Stillwater Artisanal - States
- Oak Barrel Wine Fair
- Aussie Whisky Masterclass: 2016 Releases
- Darroze Armagnac Masterclass With Marc Darroze
- Domaine Simha wine tasting with winemaker and owner Nav Singh
- Dormilona Wines New Release
- NEW STUFF - Garage Poroject - NZ
- New In Store and Upcoming Events
- NEW STUFF - USA - Part 27
- Tequila Tromba Masterclass With Marco Cedano
- Wine Appreciation - Thursday 26th May
- New Release: The Other Right 2015
- NEW STUFF - Nogne O - Part 2 - Norway
- Paul John Indian Single Malt Tasting
- From Ireland: Hyde Single Malt 10 Year Olds
- Sydney Craft Beer and Cider Fair 2016 - Exhibitor Update
- Galician Spanish Tasting
- Lucy Margaux, Jauma and Shobbrook back vintages
- French Single Malt: New Limited Releases From Armorik
- Modus Operandi Brewery - Can Launch
- NEW STUFF - Buxton Brewery - England
- Kilkerran Single Malt: Sort Of New, But Very Old School
- Introducing Aphelion Wine: Limited Grenache From McLaren Vale
- New Rare and Natural Japanese Sake
- NEW STUFF - To Ol - Denmark
- Georgian Wine Tasting
- Sydney Craft Beer and Cider Fair 2016 - Tickets On Sale
- Rare and Limited Whiskies For April
- New Releases from Tom Shobbrook
- NEW STUFF - Cantillon - Belgium
- No Rules: A Whisky Tasting Of Indie Bottlings
- Punch Winery Tasting with winemaker James Lance
- The Oak Barrel Easter 2016 Trading Hours
- NEW STUFF - Garage Project - NZ
- Paul John Single Malt Whiskies From India
- Lucy Margaux New Release
- Luke Lambert New Release
- NEW STUFF - Nogne O - Part 1 - Norway
- Whiskies By The Ten: An Intriguing Series
- New wines from a new winery: introducing Gestalt
- NEW STUFF - Boatrocker Brewing Co - Aus
- Smoke In The Water: A Smoky Whisky Masterclass
- Japanese Whisky: Back In Store
- Wine Appreciation
- NEW STUFF - Knee Deep Brewing Co - States
- NEW STUFF - Almanac Beer Co ( San Francisco)
- Husk Barrel 1: Extremely Limited Aussie Rum
- Domaine A tasting with Peter Althaus (owner and winemaker)
- New Berrys’ Own Single Cask Whiskies Have Landed
- New Release Sami-Odi Wines
- NEW STUFF - De Molen - Netherlands
- NEW STUFF - Stone and Victory(USA)
- Loire Valley Wines tasting
- Taste Adelphi's Rare Japanese-Scottish Whisky 'The Glover'
- New Natural Wines
- NEW STUFF - To Øl - Denmark
- New Angostura Limited Release Rum
- NEW STUFF - CLOWN SHOES
- New wine from Pheasant’s Tears (Georgia)
- Great Whiskies From Rare Distilleries
- NEW STUFF - JESTER KING
- Springbank Tasting With David Allen
- Unico Zelo Tasting with winemakers Brendan and Laura Carter
- Robbie Burns Day Whisky Tasting: Haggis and Drams!
- NEW STUFF - Prairie Artisan Ale
- Burgundy Wine Tasting In January
- NEW STUFF - USA
- Tis The Gin Season
- Last Minute Wine Gifts
- Holiday Trading Hours
- Last Minute Christmas Spirit
- NEW STUFF - Batch Brewing and To Ol
- Christmas Tipples
- NEW STUFF - XMAS BREWS
- Champagne and Sparking For The Festival Season
- A New Look For The Oak Barrel!
- New Whiskies For December
- The Oak Barrel's Members Christmas Party
- NEW STUFF – Mikkeller – Denmark
- The Oak Barrel’s GlenDronach Single Cask Has Landed!
- We're All Mad Here - An Orange Wine From Orange
- NEW STUFF – Bach Brewing(NZ)
- Glenfarclas’ Historic New Family Reserve: £511.19s.0d
- Jasper Hill Tasting With Ron Laugton
- 2015 Award Winning Whiskies At The Oak Barrel
- Jamsheed Wines (Victoria)
- Lucy Margaux and Domaine Lucci
- GlenDronach Single Casks – Batch 10
- The Americans are coming!
- New Release Wines
- Txakoli: Basque Wine
- French Wines
- Xtreme Xmas Wine Gift Ideas!
- Dauvergne Ranvier
- Savoie Wine Region, France
- Wine Fair and Imports
September Whisky Arrivals: Drams From The World
September’s a big month for whisky here at The Oak Barrel, and before we go any further we should alert you to the upcoming Glenfarclas Masterclass. Whispered about at the Sydney Whisky Fair recently, tickets are now on sale and will go very quickly. We’re cracking the new versions of the 30 and 40-year-olds, which are worth well over $2,000 combined. Not a bad deal for a $50 ticket price. Details here!
More immediately, we’ve just had a whole lot of whisky land on our doorstep. September’s new releases are quite exciting – if we do say so ourselves – with some brand new releases to The Oak Barrel (from Glenrothes, Aberlour, Kilchoman, Penderyn) and some rare back vintages and museum releases of outstanding calibre (Ardbeg, Talisker, Brora, Glenfarclas).
Perhaps the most notable element of September’s new releases is the diversity. We’ve whiskies from Scotland, America, Ireland, Wales, South Africa, Sweden and Denmark (although the latter’s not quite whisky yet).
Available online and in store now, many of these are in short supply. Click on a name for pictures and more information!
12-year-old proudly non chill-filtered and at 48%.
Return of the critically-acclaimed 16 year old not often available in Aus.
Liquid history from the Islay distillery.
Considered one of the best bottlings in recent times from this mythical closed distillery.
Awesome bang-for-buck peated whisky from undisclosed Islay distillery
House favourite – soft, supple and very tasty at a very good price.
Matured in first-fill sherry casks.
Exquisite fino sherry matured single cask from whisky distilled 50 years ago (almost to date)
Brand new expression from Islay farm distillery mixing smoke with bourbon and sherry casks
Return of the 2007 release we fell in love with earlier this year, bottled at cask strength (before Talisker’s 47.5% era)
Tasty, smoky bourbon from the team behind Willett and brands like Noahs Mill and Rowans Creek.
The classic Swedish single malt, catches a few by surprise with its delicate complexity.
Partly matured in native Swedish oak.
Return of this famous Irish pot still whiskey. Very classy
Classic pot still whiskey – a touchtone of the style and the country.
Bigger and thicker than the 12-year-old, not seen in Australia nearly as much as it should be.
Un-aged whisky from cult Danish brewers.
The world famous Mikkeller Black imperial stout distilled and aged in a rum cask.
…And in a oloroso sherry cask.
…And in a American oak ex-Bourbon cask.
Easy-drinking single malt finished in Madeira wine casks.
Matured in ex-bourbon and ex-red wine casks.
Medium-bodied peated whisky part matured in casks that previously held peated Scotch whisky.
First taste of the ‘next generation’ of whiskies from this Breton-based distillery.